What Personal Information About Customers Does The Site Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience with the Product. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter with respect to the Product or give us in any other way, including via a warehouse distributor ("Distributor") or a Distributor's website ("Distributor Site"). You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Product's features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our Product, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us, including via a Distributor or Distributor Site. For example, like many web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses and navigates the Site. You can set your web browser to alert you whenever you are about to receive a "cookie" and then you can choose not to accept it. If you do so, however, you may not be able to use the Product.
- E mail Communications: To help us make e mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e mail from the Site if your computer supports such capabilities. You may, however, choose to opt out of receiving promotional e-mail from WHI Solutions. In compliance with the 2003 Can SPAM Act, we offer the ability to opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time by sending us a message indicating your request to: support@WHISolutions.com, responding via a direct opt-out link on our e mail communications, or by writing to us at: 5 International Drive, Suite 210, Rye Brook, NY 10573-7016.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
We Automatically Collect:
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address. We record your IP address each time you visit the Site. Recording IP addresses helps us determine usage and traffic patterns.
Other Information We Collect:
- Feedback Form. Should you contact us through our feedback form, we require your name and e mail address only to send you a reply. If you use the form to send comments about your experience at the Site and/or with the Product, we may include the comment with your name in a Customer Testimonials section or in other collateral materials.
- Report a Catalog Issue. Should you report to us a Catalog issue, we require your name and e-mail address to send you a reply and, as necessary, to obtain additional information about the issue.
Permission To Use Your Content
By transmitting any suggestions, information, identification, material, or other content (collectively, "content') to the Site, you automatically grant WHI Solutions the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, redistribute, transmit, perform and display such content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content. Further, WHI Solutions is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques and suggestions contained in any communications you send to this Site for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to creating, manufacturing and marketing products and/or services using such information, all without compensation to you.
Sharing With Third Parties
WHI Solutions agrees that information collected by us relating to the identity, quantity, prices and dollar value of products ordered or purchased by you using the Product, or the identity of your customers, ("End User Data") will constitute your confidential proprietary information. We will not disclose the End User Data to others and will use reasonable efforts, consistent with those it uses in protecting its own confidential, proprietary information, to protect against improper disclosure of any End User Data. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may use the End User Data internally. We may also perform analyses of the End User Data, only together with comparable information relating to the purchasing activity of other participants in the Product, and may provide to third parties the results of such analyses, or may make available to others aggregated data concerning the purchasing activities of all or a subset of the participants in the Product that include the End User Data; provided that such analyses or aggregated data do not contain identifying information that would enable the recipient to determine your identity or the identity of any of your customers.
We do not and will not disclose your identity in any statistical reports or analyses distributed to third parties. Subject to the foregoing, you agree that we are permitted to generate, publish, distribute, make use of, disseminate and sell statistical information with regard to the Trading Partners, transactions, activities and other information derived from the Product (including, without limitation, registration and Product participation activities) and provide reports of aggregated anonymous data.
Our Site includes links to other websites. If you decide to follow these links, we are not responsible for the privacy policies and content of these sites. Generally, we will inform you of these links.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features. The Site uses persistent cookies to identify members after their first visit. These cookies remain on the hard drive of a personal computer and may allow a member to enter the site without having to log in on every visit. To access any secure areas such as your account information, you must still enter your password. You can choose to disable cookies by deselecting that option under your browser preferences. When you disable cookies, you can browse the Site, but you cannot access your membership information or make purchases. Disabling cookies can also interrupt audio, video and cause breaks in navigation. When becoming an approved user of the Site, you can choose whether or not to accept the Site's persistent cookie.
The Site's database tracks the traffic throughout our site. This information is used to compile overall statistics and is not recorded at an individual level. The statistics help us decide which products and services best serve our members and guests.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- Although no use of the Internet is 100% secure, we work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
Which Information Can I Access?
The Site gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with WHI Solutions for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. You cannot access the information of other users of the Site.
What Choices Do I Have?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain features of the Site or the Product.
Decline to Receive Information
If you do not want to receive promotional e mail or other mail from us, please contact us at: support@WHISolutions.com.
In addition, the Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy, such as its Site Seeing on the Internet publication on its own website www.FTC.gov.
End User License Agreement and Other Terms and Conditions, Notices, and Revisions